Tired of your private trash collection company?
Late service? Missed service? Too expensive?
Join your neighbors in switching to waste service provided by Fairfax County!
After hearing about many of our residents frustrated with the service provided by the private companies servicing our neighborhood, we decided to look into alternatives. It turns out the county offers quality trash, recycling, and leaf removal services!
If you’re ready to sign up to receive the official petition, click here: Sign Up Form
Otherwise, continue reading below.
1. Consistent weekly pickup. No more missed pickups!
2. Fewer, or no, rate increases: County waste collection is assessed based on the costs to run the program, like fuel costs, dump fees, etc. The cost can go up occasionally, but they are not in it to make money. Sometimes it actually decreases in cost! No need to call your service provider every year to renegotiate your rate based on what your neighbor pays.
3. No separate bills to pay: The waste collection is assessed on your county taxes, so there’s no quarterly bill to have to remember to pay.
4. Special pickups: Each homeowner can schedule up to five (5) special pickups per year. This includes large loads (up to 12 cubic yards – a small dumpster!), refrigerant, brush, bulk metal or e-waste. Private providers charge a minimum of $75 for each special pickup.
5. Vacuum Leaf Collection: For approximately $60/year per homeowner, the county will send out a leaf collection truck three (3) times each fall/winter to vacuum leaves that are raked to the curb. They’ll post signs ahead of time with approximate dates.
6. The same or LESS expensive than private providers: The current rate is $385/year (or $32/month), which would be seamlessly added to the property tax bill.